FOOD & BEVERAGE
Upon request, Sahana Villa is able to provide simple food and beverage services for maximum of 6 guests. Please refer to the menu page for details.
FOOD & BEVERAGE CHARGES
Grocery shopping is possible during working hours, however we would like to ask you to understand that in order to keep the Villa up to standard, the priority for the staff is directed towards housekeeping duties. For services outside the working hours, such as cooking, a charge of IDR 40.000/hour & staff apply. Please arrange/settle this directly with the girls. Of course there is reasonable flexibility involved and they do not calculate by the minute.
In the case of dinner parties, or if the cooking requirements exceed the capacity of the staff, we recommend hiring an outside chef. The expense for this extra service is borne directly by the guest.
SPECIAL REQUESTS & DIETARY REQUIREMENTS
Should you have a request for a dish that is not on the menu, or a special dietary requirement, please arrange this with the staff.
In Villa Dining
DAILY COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST
White or brown toast, butter & jam, tea or coffee, a dose of traditional herbal juice, seasonal fruit platter, fruit juice or fruite salad 2 eggs per person prepared your way! or pancake/ crepes with maple syrup or strawberry jam.
See our Indonesian breakfast options below:
Premium Breakfast Ideas We Love To Prepare:
Items from the premium menu below are optional. Let the girls know what you might like from below inspirations so they can shop & prepare for you (a grocery bill will be provided.)
- Scrambled, fried or sunny side up.
- Poached, boiled or in a class.
- Various Omlettes (w/fillings or the classic ham & eggs).
- Eggs Benedict with smoked/cooked ham or smoked salmon.
- Eggs Florentine with sauteed spinach and sauce hollondaise.
If you wish to have certain ham, bacon or cheeses, just send the team out, or let us recommend a nearby supermarket with a good selection.
Lets get special bread: multigrain, bagels, pumpernickel, whole wheat, and baguette.
- Thin Pancakes (crepes with various jam or nutella or lemon - sugar).
- French Toast (with maple syrup or honey).
- Pisang Goreng (fried bananas with honey).
- From The Bakery Boucht Fresh: croissant, pain au chocolat or danish rolls.
Indonesian Breakfast: (included in the villa breakfast)
- Nasi Goreng fried rice with egg.
- Mie Goreng fried noodles topped with one egg.
- Bubur Ayam rice porridge with chicken and coconut soup.
- Nasi Bungkus traditional balinese breakfast rice in banana leaf.
Fruit Salad w/ skimmed natural yoghurt & honey (optional muesli) fruit platter of fruits of your choice & cia seeds yoghurt minted papaya with lemon juice.
- Mixed seasonal fruit juice or coconut water with lime, apple, carrot with a dash of ginger, beetroot, carrot, apple, papaya, orange & yakult, watermelon & tangerine, pineapple & watermelon.
YOUR OWN CREATION.
Coffee: cappucino, macchiato, coffee latte, and espresso.
Tea: Indonesian tea or ask the team to the shop the tea of your preference.
For Kids: hot/iced chocolate or milk with honey.
Noon Onwards The Team Can Prepare:
Since the girls grew up in balinese kitchens, we are happy to share the balinese cooking experience with you and designed a menu around local favorites!
From The Balinese Kitchen:
Most the following dishes are traditionally prepared with white rice and sambal.
- Vegetables Curry add chicken or seafood with rice.
- Sate Ayam chicken sate with a homemade peanut sauce & a twist of lemon.
- Perkedel Jagung deep fried corn kernel fritters.
- Jukut Urap mixed vegetable with balinese herbs in a fresh coconut flakes.
- Nasi Goreng fried rice with balinese spices & sambal.
- Mie Goreng fried noodles with balinese spices & sambal.
- Mie Kuah noodle soup ala balinese.
- Ayam Kuah balinese version of the classic chicken soup.
- Ayam Betutu balinese slow cooked chicken wrapped in a banana leaf and slow cooked for several hours (one of the balinese favorites).
- Sauteed Chicken or snapper with lemon - garlic butter & veggies.
- Grilled Fresh Fish/Seafood or Chicken with balinese spices & sambal matah.
For The Children:
- Pasta Napolitana or classic bolognese.
- Pasta Carbonara (spaghetti, fussily or penne).
- Chicken Nuggets with rice or steamed vegetables.
- French Fries with tomato sauce.
- Fried Rice or Noodles with chicken and no too many hidden brocolis.
or tell us what your child loves and the girls will prepare for you !
Sahana's Guest Favorites:
(please notify a day in advance)
Watch the girls prepare those balinese feasts & learn a trick or two while sipping wine or cocktails... some of you may want to get involved and cook along.
- Seafood BBQ: fresh from the seafood market get a whole red snapper, jumbo prawns, calamari, etc. sayur urap vegetables and an array of sambal
- Nasi Campur - The Classic Balinese Party Dish: Coconut flavored rice with chicken sate & peanut sauce, the famous ayam betutu, chicken /tofu curry, urap veggies, corn fritters and two kinds of sambal & peanuts ( kacang saur).
- Babi Guling: a whole suckling pig can be ordered for you with all the trimmings!
Grocery shopping is possible during working hours for services outside the working hours, such as cooking, a charge of Rp40.000 /hour & staff apply.
Please arrange/settle this directly with the girls, of course there is reasonable flexibility involved and they do not calculate by the minute.view our in-villa dining menu