Terms and Conditions
- To secure the booking and for us to issue a confirmation, please transfer a deposit or the entire amount to our account at BCA BALI
- We can receive any currency - the funds will be automatically converted into IDR at the banks rate
- Please tick the box “send the FULL AMOUNT” as all bank fees are responsibility of the remitting party
- Eventual Balance payments via bank transfers MUST be registered on our accounts prior check in
- Please send a transfer slip once the money is sent for us to trace it - especially if the remitting account is not under your name or connected to it
- The Villas are designed to accommodate 6 person extremely comfortably
- Additionally 1 extra person per booking can be accepted - charges are USD30++ and include breakfast, a good extra bed, towels, staff-service etc
- Max occupancy = 7 person (adult/children)
- 1 infant (0-2 years) is always accommodated free in a wooden baby bed, for any additional infants exceeding max occupancy, we charge USD 10++/night and baby (high chairs provided)
- The Villas are designated as accommodation and not meant to be used for functions. Hence conditions apply!
- 1 return airport transfer (inbound and outbound) is included free of charge - PLEASE SEND FLIGHT DETAILS FOR AIRPORT TRANSFER - additional airport transfers are charged with USD25/way
- For transfers out or in, other than the distance to the airport, we need to charge US$25.00 each way
- An inquiry will become a booking once we are instructed to place a HOLD for the dates inquired
- A booking will terminate itself if we do not receive a payment notification within 72 hours from invoicing
- in case it’s not specifically mentioned in the add, all promotions published on any media are invalid during PEAK SEASON dates
- More than 60 days prior to arrival date = 01 night charge is subject to forfeiture and the remaining payment (minus bank fees) is refundable.
- Between 45-60 days prior to arrival date = 25% of the booking value is subject to forfeiture and the remaining payment (minus bank fees) is refundable.
- Between 45-15 days prior arrival = 50% of booking value is subject to forfeiture.
- 15 days from the check in date the balance for the entire booking/reservation becomes due but you have the option to pay the balance latest CASH on arrival.
- No show or early Departures are not refundable.
- Cancellations made due to general flight cancellations/delays are not responsibility of Sahana Villas. Guest are advised to ensure arrival on time for their rental period. In case of flight disruptions on your planned flight path, please re-route your flight accordingly or change the airline to avoid your rental payment becoming subject to forfeiture. Sahana is not liable for failed on time arrival of the guest.
Cancellations made due to flight cancellations as a result of Ngurah Rai Airport closure specifically due to ash-cloud activity caused by Mount Agung (Agung Affect):
- If your travel insurance policy DOES NOT cover disruption caused by the volcano, or if you are not covered by travel insurance, we will issue you with a credit note to allow you to rebook the same villa, for the same number of nights, during a “low season” date ranging within 2018.
- If your flight to Bali is affected by the Mount Agung and your travel insurance policy DOES cover disruption caused by the volcano, we will supply you with the paperwork necessary to file a claim.
- Any extensions incurring due to flight cancellations will entitle you to 50% off the published rate.
- Any Days delayed checking in due to above, will - based on availability - be added at the end to your stay, or we will issue you with a credit note to allow you to rebook the same villa, for the same number of delayed nights, during a “low season” date ranging within 2018.
- To process above we need the written cancellation statement from you airline for all guest booked at your villa. If this letter can not be produced the regular cancellation policies are in effect and "Agung Affect" can not be applied.
- Cancellations by Sahana Villas, due to the Villa ITSELF and its operations being DIRECTLY affected by natural disasters or acts of war result in 100% refund of any payments.
Sahana Villa's ("Villa") detailed Terms and Conditions
This Rental Contract sets out the Terms and Conditions, which must be followed by the Hirer. Should the Hirer violate any of these Terms and Conditions, Sahana Villa reserves the right to terminate the Rental Contract.
1. AGREEMENT TO HIRE
- 1.1. The contract entered into is between the owner of the holiday accommodation ("Owner") and the holidaymaker ("Hirer").
- 1.2. The Hirer agrees to hire from the Owner and the Owner agrees to let to the Hirer above mentioned holiday accommodation ("Villa") that accommodates or sleeps a maximum of six (6) people on the terms and conditions set out herein.
- 1.3. This Rental Contract is not valid and effective until the Hirer has submitted the booking confirmation of details in writing and Sahana Villas Management has confirmed the booking in writing.
- 2.1. Rates are quoted in USD and are not inclusive of tax or service charge (unless otherwise stated). Rates are subject to change. VAT on rates is 10%.
- 2.2. Rates do not include gratuities, meals, catering, cars and drivers, or any other service, unless stated otherwise.
3.1. Sahana Villa divides the year into three (3) Seasons:
- a. Low Season: January 09 to May 31 inclusive (excluding Easter Week and Chinese New Year week), September 16 to December 19 inclusive
- b. High Season: June 01 to August 31 inclusive, September 01 to the 2nd Sunday in September inclusive, Easter Week and Chinese New Year
- c. Peak Season: starting with the night to Sunday before December 24 for 3 weeks
4. PAYMENTS - further to above:
- 4.1. If a booking is made more than 45 days prior to arrival, a deposit of 50% of the total rental amount payable ("Deposit") must be received by Sahana Villa IN FULL within five (5) working days of the Hirer being provided with the relevant invoice and payment instructions.
- 4.2. If the Deposit is not paid as required, the booking will not be finalized and this Rental Contract will be deemed void.
- 4.3. Payment of the balance of total rental amount payable ("Balance Due") is payable 15 days prior to arrival.
4.4. If the booking is made 20 days or less prior to arrival, then the Deposit and the Balance Due must be received by Sahana Villa on the earlier of:
- a. Five (5) working days from the booking being confirmed; and
- b. Arrival.
- 4.5 If payments are not made as required herein, the Owner may cancel the booking and retain the Deposit, in which case this Rental Contract will be thereby terminated without any further notice required.
- 4.6. Payments can only be made by bank transfer in USD or AUD.
- 4.7. Payment by Traveler's Cheques, other currencies or personal cheques will not be accepted.
- 4.8. The Hirer will be required upon arrival to sign a Waiver of Liability and a credit card authorization form, which will allow Sahana Villa to charge the card with any charges the Hirer, incurs whilst at the Villa. This form must be accompanied by photocopies of both sides of the credit card used (for American Express Centurion credit cards a lithograph copy or alternative will be required for legibility), a photocopy of the cardholder's passport, and written authorization from the cardholder. The Hirer and all their guests must provide their KTP cards and/or passports to the Manager on duty on arrival at the Villa for registration with the local authorities. If a Hirer refuses to sign the waiver and authorization form and/or the Hirer and/or any of its accompanying guests refuse to provide copies of passports or KTP cards as required pursuant to this clause, this is deemed a cancellation of the booking.
- 4.9. Security deposits are required for some villas. If required, the security deposit must be paid in full to Sahana Villa five (5) working days prior to the date of the booking, or as per Clause 4.4. and Clause 4.10. The security deposit will be refunded in full ten (10) working days after departure, unless damages are incurred/repairs need to be performed, in which case, the security deposit will be refunded, less the cost of damages incurred.
- 4.10. In the case of last minute bookings, where the booking is made ten (10) workings days or less prior to the arrival date, Sahana Villa will accept cash (2006 or newer, unmarked United States Dollars banknotes - F series or newer only) on arrival.
5. CANCELLATIONS - further to above:
5.1. Cancellation of a booking includes but is not limited to:
- a. Cancellation of one or more days of a booking;
- b. An amendment to a booking so that none of the dates of the booking once amended fall within the same dates that originally constituted the booking;
- c. Refusal of the Hirer to sign the waiver of liability and credit card authorization form, and/or failure of all guests to provide Passport/KTP cards pursuant to Clause 4.8; and
- d. Attempt by the Hirer to hold an Event at the Villa in breach of these Terms and Conditions, or any requirements and/or guidelines of that particular Villa relating to Events.
- 5.2. Notice of cancellation must be received by Sahana Villa in writing via email, or via your reservation agent.
6. CHANGES TO BOOKINGS
- 6.1. Changes to bookings that are made within 61 days or more prior to arrival, can only be made with the approval of the Owner. An administration fee of United States Dollars $100.00 is payable by the Hirer for each change made to the booking after the booking has been confirmed. The change to the booking is dependant on the payment of the administration fee. Requests for changes to bookings cannot always be accommodated, and an increase in the booking fee may be applicable, depending on the changes requested. Certain changes may be considered cancellations, as described in Clause 5.1.
7. BOOKING SIZE
- 7.1. Where the booking is directly through Sahana Villa and not an Agent, we provide one complimentary vehicle for your airport pickup and drop off (maximum 6 pax plus luggage). Additional pick ups and drop offs, if required, can be booked through the Manger/Owner.
8. EVENTS AND PARTIES
- 8.1. The Villa has rules governing their usage for events and parties. Normal bookings are for vacation purposes and the Hirer and/or its guests may not hold an event or function at the Villa without obtaining prior written approval from Sahana Villa. If an event is permitted at the Villa, an event fee, in addition to the local community or "Banjar" fee, will apply. Clients should be aware that Villas are often located in residential neighborhoods and, as such, not all functions or events can necessarily be accommodated. Much depends on the sensibilities of the neighborhood's residents.
- 8.2. Where the Villa has particular guidelines and/or requirements relating to the holding of Events at the Villa, all Events held at the Villa during the Hire Period must comply with those requirements and/or guidelines, which will be provided to the Hirer upon advising that they wish to hold an Event at the Villa. Any breach of the Villa's requirements and/or guidelines, by the Hirer, their invitees, guests, or Event Organizer engaged by the Hirer or their agent may result in cancellation of the booking and/or termination of the Rental Contract.
9. LOSS AND/OR DAMAGE
- 9.1. The Hirer is responsible for leaving the Villa in good order and in a clean condition. The Hirer further undertakes to pay for any loss and/or damage to the Villa during the Hirer's occupation of the Villa, including where for breach of any requirements by a particular Villa relating to Events. Sahana Villa reserves the right to repossess the premises if the Hirer or a guest or invitee of the Hirer has caused damage to the premises.
10. NUMBERS IN PARTY/SUITABILITY OF BOOKING
- 10.1. The numbers of persons occupying the Villa must not exceed 6 persons. Sahana Villa reserves the right to refuse any booking, which is unsuitable for the property.
- 11.1. Whilst Sahana Villa makes every effort that the Villa meets its required standards, the Villa Owner, and their agents, employees, affiliates, authorized representatives and assigns will not accept any responsibility or liability, howsoever caused, for any injury, sickness, loss, damage, additional expense or inconvenience, directly or indirectly caused by or arising out of the use or condition of the Villa, its plumbing, gas, electrical or otherwise, and exceptional weather conditions, that is suffered or alleged to be suffered by the Hirer, their guests and/or invitees. Furthermore, no responsibility is accepted by the Villa Owner, or their agents, employees, affiliates, authorized representatives and assigns for the personal belongings, vehicles and contents of vehicles of the Hirer, their guests or invitees.
12. COMPLAINTS AND FORCE MAJEUR
- 12.1. If the Hirer considers that they have cause for complaint concerning the Villa, the matter should be taken up promptly with the Villa Manager/Owner or its authorized representatives. Sahana Villa will not entertain complaints made after the Hirer has left the Villa, when it is unable to properly investigate the complaint.
- 12.2. Sahana Villa shall not be liable to the Hirer for any failure to perform any obligations under this Rental Contract due to causes which prevent it from fulfilling its obligations under this Rental Contract which are beyond its reasonable control and of a nature which Sahana Villa neither has the power or authority to remedy, including without limitation, acts of God, acts of civil or military disturbances, power failures, fires, floods, epidemics, wars, riots and acts of terrorism. In the event of such an occurrence, Sahana Villa shall give prompt written notice thereof to the Hirer and any time for performance of an obligation shall be extended by time equal to the length of delay attributable to such occurrence.
- 13.1. Sahana Villa reserves the right to immediately terminate a Rental Contract in the event the Hirer breaches one or more of the Terms and/or Conditions herein.
- 14.1. This Contract is governed by the laws and regulations of the Republic of Indonesia.
- 15.1. Sahana Villa strongly recommends that the Hirer and all guests obtain appropriate travel and medical insurance.
- 15.2. It is the Hirer's and their guests' sole responsibility to ensure that every member of the booking party holds appropriate travel documentation to comply with the Laws and Regulations of the Republic of Indonesia for entry and visitation to the Republic. Sahana Villa will not provide refunds where the Hirer or any of its guests do not hold appropriate travel documentation, if they miss their flights or travel connections, or if flights or travel connections are delayed or cancelled.
- 15.3. It is the Hirer's and the guests' sole responsibility to ensure that they comply with the Laws and Regulations of the Republic of Indonesia, and Sahana Villa takes no responsibility for any acts or omissions by the Hirer, their guests or invitees that are illegal or breach any Laws or Regulations of the Republic of Indonesia.
As we live in the electronic age and there are occasional reports about internet fraud we would like to point out the following. Sahana Villas exclusively communicates via email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org In the event that you have been contacted by anyone via emails NOT from above list or by phone, claiming to be representing Sahana Villas in Seminyak/Bali, we strongly recommend to seize communication and immediately notify us. Most importantly : do not transfer any money to any other accounts than the ones provided by us via above channels. Sahana Villas and/or its owners can not be held liable for any scams or fraudulent actions involving our Villas/names. We have taken any measures possible to secure ourselves from fraud and take stern actions against it.